Hill's Prescription Diet I/D Low Fat Digestive Care with Chicken Dog Food - 1.5kg By Hills Prescription Diet
Hills Prescription Diet I/D Low Fat Dry Dog Food
Highly digestible, low fat food that can be fed long term to manage gastrointestinal disorders and minimize risk of recurrence. Clinically proven to help digestive tract recovery.
- Prebiotic fibres, beet pulp and flaxseed blend, to promote growth of beneficial bacteria and helps normalise intesintal microflora.
- High in omega 3 fatty acids to help break the cycle of inflammation.
- Low in fat for obesity-prone and obese dogs.
- Highly digestible to improve availability of nutrients whilst allowing for recovery of the digestive tract.
- Includes ginger to help calm and soothe digestive tract.
- Gastrointestinal disorders that benefit from a low fat food: gastritis, enteritis, colitis (most causes of diarrhoea, plus malabsorption and bacterial overgrowth).
- Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
- Pregnant or lactating bitches.
- Dogs with sodium retention.
- Does not provide enough energy for growing puppies, pregnant or lactating bitches.
- In acute pancreatitis, feed only after the initial stage during which all food and liquid by mouth are withheld. Safe early feeding is beneficial for gastrointestinal tract recovery.
Other products to consider
- For most gastrointestinal disorders: Prescription Diet™ i/d Canine
- For adverse food reactions: Prescription Diet™ z/d™ ULTRA Allergen-Free Canine, Prescription Diet™ z/d™ Low Allergen Canine or Prescription Diet™ d/d™ Canine.
- For fibre-responsive gastrointestinal disorders: Prescription Diet™ w/d™ Canine.
Rice, maize starch, wheat, maize gluten meal, chicken meat meal, digest, barley, flaxseed, dried beet pulp, minerals, vegetable oil, ginger root powder, vitamins, L-carnitine, L-lysine, trace elements, taurine, tryptophan. With natural preservative and natural antioxidants.
|Omega-3 fatty acids||0.83%|
|Omega-6 fatty acids||2.01%|
|Vitamin A||8,500 IU/kg|
|Vitamin D||800 IU/kg|
|Vitamin E||550 mg/kg|
|Vitamin C||90 mg/kg|
The following amounts are a starting point only and should be adjusted as needed to maintain proper weight. When feeding for the first time, mix increasing amounts of the pet's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
|2.50||55 - 80|
|5||95 - 130|
|10||160 - 220|
|20||265 - 370|
|30||360 - 500|
|40||450 - 620|
|50 +||12 g per kg|
Ratings & Reviews
by EJ -
I can rely on this as being consistent in all respects and the size of the kibble is perfect for my mini dachsie. I use them as treats too. My dog suffered acute pancreatitis and she has gone from strength to strength on this diet. I sometimes mix it with the equivalent Hills wet food. Please don’t stop stocking it!