Seraquin Joint Supplement Tablets for Dogs - 60 x 2g By Seraquin
- Seraquin for dogs comes with full instructions for use but can be easy to give as a treat or crush onto their normal food.
- Seraquin can be given alongside any prescription medicines that your vet may recommend to help in the control of pain and inflammation.
- Seraquin is easy to give to dogs and cats. Most cats and dogs love Seraquin chewable tablets which makes life easy. You can give them as a treat or crush them onto their normal food.
- The number of Seraquin tablets that you should give them depends on their weight - see dosage information above.
- Being overweight can put extra strain on your dog’s joints so keeping his/her weight down is helpful.
- If your dog is overweight ask your vet for help in planning a weight reduction programme.
- Bear in mind that if your dog has poor joints you may not succeed in getting your dog to ‘walk off’ any excess food intake, so a reduction in food is usually necessary.
- Ensure your dog has a soft, warm bed to rest on.
- Use ramps instead of stairs where possible.
- Consider raised feeding bowls.
- Thoroughly dry your dog after bathing or swimming.
- Regular, gentle exercise is a real help as it helps prevent the joints from stiffening up and maintains mobility so your dog can remain active.
- Dogs with poor joints should avoid very energetic exercise such as lots of stairs and excessive running.
- Your vet can help you work out the most suitable exercise schedule for your particular dog.
- Hydrotherapy is becoming more common for exercising dogs with joint problems. This involves purpose built pools that allow safe, carefully controlled swimming.
- Swimming helps to build up muscle mass, which is useful for supporting joints. It is a low impact form of exercise so it won’t aggravate your dog’s joints.
- Your vet will know a centre where such a service is available.
- Ask your vet if they think acupuncture would help.
Ratings & Reviews
by Escargot -
Very effective for my elderly dog (12) - one of her back legs would suddenly give way whilst walking but with this tablet it has stopped. She runs around like a young dog.
Help for old dogs
by rosie -
Our Spanish galgo is 15 years old and suffers with her joints. These tablets really do help her jump onto the settee!
by Beeb -
My dog had a plate fitted in her injured leg earlier this year and after her operation has taken seraquin to help support her recovery.
A really good online shop
by charbottle -
I've used these tablets for many years on many different dogs. I don't know if they work but I trust them. Petshop have been best value now mfor a long time and their delivery service is excellent. As long as they stay in the lead as far as value is concerned I will continue to shop with them. PS I also buy my dog food here.
First Class Service
by Margaret -
Best price on Seraquin I’ve found, great service and delivery. Will definitely use this company again.
by Margo -
Arrived quickly only problem the date was use by 10/19 as he has two a day they will still be in date just pleased l didn’t order more than two boxes
by K9 -
A great price especially as I have to use 4 per day for my two collies. One is 12¼ with spondylosis and the other 6 in a month also with spondylosis and joint problems in all four legs. The youngster loves them whilst the older one is a little more apprehensive. The only downside was the longish wait in the warehouse as the order didn't appear to be ready.
Certainly recommend Seraquin
by Dom -
My dog had a number of quite major surgeries on his back leg at 9 months to 36 months. The vet recommended Seraquin at 9 months of age to try minimise any arthiritis, which we were told he would get from an early age due to the intrusive surgery. Our dog is 14 years old now and has not had any issues with his joints or any sign of arthiritis yet. We put it down to him being on seraquin and our next dog will be on it from an early age too.
by Peg Leg
A good product at a very good price and speedily delivered.
Great product. Great price
by Sharon -
Bought these for my 10 years old boxer. He was having problems climbing stairs and seemed quite stiff on his back legs after lying down for any long period of time. He improved after only 1 week and now shows no sign of discomfort at all. The price is great and delivery on repeat means I won't be without them. Great service all round Thanks
Great for older dogs
Great service quick delivery, used seraquin for a few years for my 13 year old dog, I find it helps keep her mobile appears to reduce the pain.