• Home
  • Advantage 40 Spot On Flea Control Small Dogs, Cats and Rabbits (<4kg) - 4 Pack

Advantage 40 Spot On Flea Control Small Dogs, Cats and Rabbits (<4kg) - 4 Pack By Advantage

949 Reviews
£8.40
£8.40

Details

Details


Advantage Spot-On Flea Treatment Key Features

  • Up to 4 weeks of protection in cats and dogs and 1 week in rabbits
  • Kills fleas through contact*
  • Vet-recommended flea treatment
  • Suitable for use on cats, dogs and rabbits under 4kg
  • Easy to apply
  • Starts working within 1 day.

  • Why Worry About Fleas?

    Aside from causing irritation, fleas can lead to Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD) and even anaemia in serious cases. Infected fleas can also transmit tapeworm if swallowed during grooming.

    Fleas bite humans too. Home infestations can take months to clear because only 5% of fleas live on your pet. The other 95% are in your home environment as eggs, larvae and pupae.

    One application of Advantage remains effective for up to 4 weeks in pets and up to one week in rabbits.

How to Apply Advantage

For dogs < 25kg: Part the coat between the shoulder blades until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze firmly several times to empty the contents directly onto the skin.
For dogs > 25kg: The entire contents of the Advantage® tube should be applied evenly to three to four spots on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail.


  • Step 4 for cats
    Part the hair on the pet’s neck at the base of the skull until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze firmly several times to empty its contents directly onto the skin.

Why Worry About Fleas?

Aside from causing irritation, fleas can lead to Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD) and even anaemia in serious cases. Infected fleas can also transmit tapeworm if swallowed during grooming.

Fleas bite humans too. Home infestations can take months to clear because only 5% of fleas live on your pet. The other 95% are in your home environment as eggs, larvae and pupae.

One application of Advantage remains effective for up to 4 weeks in pets and up to one week in rabbits.

See Our Range

Advantage 40 Spot On Flea Control Small Dogs, Cats and Rabbits (<4kg) - 4PackAdvantage 80 Spot On Flea Control Large Cats and Rabbits (4kg+) - 4PackAdvantage 100 Spot On Flea Control Medium Dog (4-10kg) - 4PackAdvantage 250 Spot On Flea Control Large Dog (10-25kg) - 4PackAdvantage 400 Spot On Flea Control Extra Large Dog (25-40kg) - 4Pack


FAQs

How often should I use Advantage?

It is recommended that you apply Advantage to your cat or dog once a month , or to your rabbit once a week all year round to achieve protection from fleas.

Can I use Advantage to treat louse infestations?

Yes, Advantage for dogs can be used to treat biting lice in addition to fleas. You should book a check-up with your vet 30 days after treatment, as some pets may need a second treatment to clear up the louse infestation fully.

How long do I need to wait after bathing my pet before I apply Advantage flea treatment?

If you’ve recently bathed your pet, it’s recommended you wait at least two days before treating them with Advantage flea drops.

Can I allow my pet to swim when using Advantage?

Yes. The active ingredient in Advantage sits in the waterproof layer of your pet’s skin and the product remains effective if your pet becomes wet on occasion (for example after exposure to heavy rain or swimming). However, re-treatment may be necessary on some occasions, for example if your dog is a frequent swimmer; in these cases do not treat more frequently than once weekly.

Can Advantage be used to treat Flea Allergy Dermatitis?

Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD) is an allergic reaction some pets suffer with when they come into contact with flea saliva as a result of flea bites. It causes cats and dogs to scratch and bite their skin to relieve the extreme irritation. This can lead to hair loss, skin ‘hot spots’ or nasty infections.

Advantage spot-on flea treatment can be used as part of a treatment strategy for Flea Allergy Dermatitis, where this has previously been diagnosed by a veterinary surgeon. The active ingredient in Advantage is able to kill fleas through contact, meaning they don’t have to bite your pet in order to be killed.1 This means pets are less exposed to the saliva they’re allergic to, helping to reduce FAD outbreaks.

My cat is strictly an indoor cat. Do I still need to use Advantage?

Parasites can get into your home without being invited, which means indoor cats aren’t immune from catching fleas.

Fleas can enter your home through many means, including on your clothing, on other pets and on rodents which may have also broken into your home. These fleas can then easily be passed to indoor cats causing an infestation in your home.



Please note: This is an NFA-VPS product, please fill in your pet details at the checkout so our veterinary medicines manager can approve use and avoid the order being delayed.


*This information is regarding mode of action and is not intended to imply fleas can be completely stopped from biting.


Use Medicine Responsibly: Advantage ® contains imidacloprid [NFA-VPS].

Further information from the datasheet at www.advantagespoton.co.uk or on request.

® Registered trademark of Bayer AG. Bayer plc, 400 South Oak Way, Green Park, Reading, RG2 6AD. Tel: 0118 206 3000.

Please note: This is a NFA-VPS product, please fill in your pet details at checkout so our Veterinary Medicines manager can approve use and avoid the order being delayed. Please click here for the Veterinary Medicines Directorate for further information on this product.

For the prevention and treatment of flea infestations and for the treatment of biting lice on dogs, cats and rabbits of under 4 kg body weight. Fleas are killed within one day following treatment. One treatment prevents further flea infestation for four weeks. The product can be used as part of a treatment strategy for the control of Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD) where this has been previously diagnosed by a veterinary surgeon.

Administration Instructions

Dog Weight (kg)

Product

Number of Pipettes

< 4kg

Use Advantage 40

1 x 0.4 ml

Over 4kg

Use Other Appropriate Advantage Product

 

Cat Weight (kg)

ProductNumber of Pipettes

< 4kg

Use Advantage 401 x 0.4 ml

Over 4kg

Use Advantage 801 x 0.8 ml

Rabbit Weight (kg)

ProductNumber of Pipettes

< 4kg

Use Advantage 401 x 0.4 ml
Over 4kgUse Advantage 801 x 0.8 ml

Animals should be weighed before treatment.

For Dogs - With the dog in the standing position, part the coat between the shoulder blades until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze firmly several times to empty the contents directly onto the skin.

For Cats - Part the hair on the cat's neck at the base of the skull until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze firmly several times to empty the contents directly onto the skin.

For Rabbis - Part the hair on the rabbit’s neck at the base of the skull until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze firmly several times to empty the contents directly onto the skin.

Correct application will minimise the opportunity for the animal to lick off the product. Apply only to undamaged skin. Do not allow recently treated animals to groom each other.

The product is bitter tasting and salivation may occa­sionally occur if the pet licks the application site immediately after treatment and should disappear within some minutes.

Do not treat again within 4 weeks.

Use during pregnancy or lactation

Evidence so far suggests that no adverse effects are expected in pregnant or lactating pets.

Contra-indications

Do not treat unweaned puppies or kittens of less than 8 weeks of age.

Do not use on pet rabbits of less than 10 weeks of age.

Do not use in animals that are known to be hypersensitive to the active substance or any of the excipients.

Warnings 

This product is for topical use and should not be administered orally.

Care should be taken to avoid the contents of the pipette coming into contact with the eyes or mouth of the animal.

Do not allow recently treated animals to groom each other.

Wash hands thoroughly after use.

Wash off any skin contamination with soap and water.

People with known skin sensitivity may be particularly sensitive to this product.

Avoid contact of the product with the eyes or mouth.

If the product gets into eyes accidentally, the eyes should be thoroughly flushed with water. If skin or eye irritation persists, or the product is accidentally swallowed, obtain medical attention.

Do not eat, drink or smoke during application.

Adverse Reactions

The product is bitter tasting and salivation may occa­sionally occur if the pet licks the application site immediately after treatment. This is not a sign of intoxication and disap­pears within some minutes without treatment.

In very rare occasions skin reactions such as hair loss, redness, itching and skin lesions may occur. Agitation and disorientation has also been reported. Excessive salivation and nervous signs such as incoordination, tremors and depression have been reported exceptionally in dogs.

Storage

Store away from food, drink and animal feeding stuffs. 

Disposal 

Any unused veterinary medicinal product or waste materials derived from such veterinary medicinal products should be disposed of in accordance with local requirements.

There are no reviews available for your selection