Eukanuba Adult Dog Weight/Diabetic Control Dog Food - 12Kg By Eukanuba Veterinary Diet
Manufacturer's ViewEukanuba Adult Dog Weight/Diabetic Control Dog Food - 12Kg
- No rapid glucose releasing carbohydrates with a high glycaemic index (e.g. rice) – helps to maintain a normal blood glucose and insulin response
- Special carbohydrate blend of sorghum and barley – low glycaemic index (slow glucose releasing) carbohydrates that help to support a normal blood glucose and insulin response
- Special fermentable fibre blend (FOS 1%, beet pulp 4%, gum arabic 1.2%) – helps to manage the glucose supply within the body
- Carboxymethylcellulose (CMC 0.92%) - modifies the viscosity of the digested food and helps regulate the supply of glucose to the body
- Low energy density and reduced fat (46% less fat vs EUKANUBA Adult Medium Breed) and an appropriate level of animal-based protein – helps manage an ideal weight and maintain lean muscle mass to support a healthy body composition (fat vs. lean muscle)
- L-carnitine – supports fat metabolism
- Weight loss and weight maintenance feeding regimes – provides you with maximum flexibility to help manage your dog’s weight loss as well as well as maintain his ideal weight.
- High quality animal-based protein – helps maintain lean muscle mass.
- Targeted omega-6:omega-3 fatty acid ratio – helps nutritionally soothe joint stiffness.
- Vitamin E – an antioxidant to support strong natural defenses.
- Beet pulp – a clinically proven moderately fermentable fibre that produces butyrate, a short-chain fatty acid, which is a preferential energy source for the cells of the large intestine. Helps maintain intestinal health and optimal stool consistency.
- FOS (fructooligosaccharides) – the prebiotics fructooligosaccharides (FOS) to maintain digestive health and support nutrient absorption.
- DentaDefense – to help reduce tartar build-up across the whole mouth during and beyond mealtime.
Sorghum, Dried Chicken and Turkey, barley, fish meal, dried beet pulp, chicken digest, dried whole egg, fructooligosaccharides, potassium chloride, calcium carbonate, brewer’s dried yeast, linseed, animal fat, sodium hexametaphosphate, sodium chloride.
Daily Feeding Guide
For Weight Maintenance
For Weight Loss
Weight/Diabetic Control for Dogs should be fed for up to 6 months to regulate the glucose supply and for the reduction of excessive body weight, then feed until target body weight is achieved.
For extended use consult your veterinarian.
Always ensure your dog has fresh water available.
When switching to Eukanuba gradually introduce over 4 days
Your dog may eat more or less depending on a variety of factors such as age, temperament and activity
Ratings & Reviews
by Catherine -
Excellent service with option of next day delivery. Kept informed of delivery from start to finish. Also lovely letter in parcel saying all about the company. I cannot rate Petshop.co.uk highly enough, will definitely keep getting my dog food from them.
Ripping, box destroying smelt like heaven!!
by Susie S -
If only I could upload a video or pic as they would speak 1000 woofs!!?
Jack Russell who is diabetic decided to investigate....!!
Box ripped apart in minutes and had to rescue the Eukanuba!! Thank goodness for the tough packaging from Eukanuba!!
I needed a dry food with a low fat % which didn’t just produce more poops per day!! With diabetes and pancreatitis food is a challenge but this is the best by far to help both conditions and their management. Normal daily pooping resumed too so winner winner!!! 👍🏻
by Monica Harper -
My dog love it
by Monica Harper -
My dog (Tula) loves her Eukanuba food and my 🐈 loves their royal canine
by Rudz -
Since being diagnosed as diabetic we changed our dogs diet to this food. As you would expect from Eukanuba the quality is great and our dog simply wouldn’t eat anything else.
Eukanuba Diabetic Control
by Alan -
An excellent product which suits my dog Toby very well and now I have found a company that sells it at a reasonable price, I'm Happy.
by Scooby66 -
by Rudders -
Our dog loves this diabetic food. All the quality you would expect from Eukanuba. I wouldn’t use anything else.
Eukanuba- Keeping pancreatic dog nourished
by Fossil -
So pleased to find this dog food as it’s good quality for a reasonable price and along with daily tablet from vet- my dog is nourished and keeping well. It has small easily crunched pellets and she has eaten it with gusto from 1st meal.
Eukanuba canine weight/diabetic food
My dog has pancreatitis and it was a relief to find this vet approved great value diet food, that she loves and seems to be thriving on.
Best for my dog
by Lisa -
This is the only dry diabetic food my dog will eat. Have tried other well known brands & he flat out refused to eat them. He has maintained a healthy weight on this food which is very important too. I'd certainly recommend to others.
Eukanuba Weight/Diabetic dog food
My dog has been on this diet since being diagnosed as diabetic 10 month ago and I am amazed how it maintains his weight and helps control his diabetes along with the insulin injections.He absolutely loves it and I would certainly recommend it to other owners with dogs having the same condition. Regards.
Been using eukanuba diabetic dog food for 9-10 months now and both my Siberian huskies love it. Usually mix with a little bit of cooked meat or tinned sardines, but they are more than happy eating it on its own. Great for my diabetic dog, and has helped my dog without diabetes drop a bit of weight too.