Dorwest Garlic and Fenugreek Tablets For Dogs & Cats - 500 Tablets By Dorwest
Garlic & Fenugreek Tablets
One of our best sellers for 60 years, and a fundamental Dorwest herbs ‘staple’ product, our Garlic & Fenugreek Tablets are packed full of natural active compounds to promote general health. We have recently given these a makeover so they are now better than ever - gentler on the tummy and more palatable, so even the most sensitive dogs can enjoy the positive results these tablets bring. The reformulation includes a change from garlic oil to black aged garlic extract, which brings a whole host of additional benefits while minimising the chance of side effects. You can see more about black aged garlic below!
- General health - high in antioxidants, to neutralise free radicals, helping to maintain general cell health, as well as compounds that are proven to help the body remain strong against disease, parasites and infectious agents such as bacteria
- Immunity - help to stimulate and develop a strong immune system
- Skin - high in antioxidants, which are calming and help to maintain skin health, as well as compounds that assist the skin`s natural defences against infections and parasites
- Joints - helps to maintain comfort and mobility
- Less allicin - reduces the offensive garlic odour to help palatability, is gentler on the tummy and minimises the risk of side effects
Increased antioxidants - the fermentation process to create black aged garlic increases the antioxidant concentration. These neutralise free radicals and have positive effects across the body
- Provides supportive, soothing and cleansing effects across various body systems, as well as helping to maintain the body`s defences against parasites and infectious agents
- Contains compounds which naturally repel fleas, ticks and m
How do I give Garlic & Fenugreek Tablets?
Our Garlic & Fenugreek Tablets should be given daily, ideally splitting the total daily amount to give half in the morning and half in the evening. They can be given with or without food.
Garlic & Fenugreek Tablets should be given for at least a month and can be used long-term to help maintain a strong immune system - so your dog is ready to fight off whatever life throws at them.
For skin conditions it’s best to use for at least a month before expecting to see the full beneficial effects (as skin takes about three weeks to regenerate in dogs). If you know your dog suffers with their skin at particular times, for example due to pollen allergies, you can start using our Garlic & Fenugreek Tablets a month before. Using with our Green Releaf Tablets can help maximise results.
If you`re a loyal Garlic & Fenugreek user then the number of tablets you need to give your dog will stay the same with the updated product. We have carefully calculated the reformulation so the amount of garlic your dog will receive is the same, so you`ll continue to see the great effects, but with some added benefits.
- Ingredients: Active ingredients: Fenugreek seeds 16mg; 30ml of black aged garlic extract
- Administration: Initial 3 weeks: 2 tablets per 10 kgs bodyweight daily. Maintenance: 1 tablet per 10 kgs bodyweight daily, can be doubled if required
- Can be used during pregnancy?: Yes
- Can be used during lactation?: Yes
- Interactions: None; can be given in conjunction with any medication
- Product Finishing: N/A
- Suitable from: From 8 weeks
- Always read the label
Need to know
Fenugreek seeds 16 mg; essential oil of garlic 0.22 mg
For a minimum of 1 month – 2 tablets per 5-10 kgs bodyweight daily
1 tablet per 5-10 kgs bodyweight daily
Use short and long term
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Sugar coated tablet
Minimum age for use
Can be given in conjunction with any other medication
Should I be worried about garlic toxicity?
You may have been told that garlic is toxic to dogs and so wonder why we sell garlic products specifically for them? It`s true that garlic can be toxic to our pets but like with many things, it comes down to how much and how it is administered. Even people can experience some nasty side effects if they consume too much garlic!
We take the safety of our products very seriously, from ingredient selection, through to rigorous audits of any reported side effects. Of the few mild side effects that have been reported for our Garlic & Fenugreek Tablets, most were related to tummy upsets, which is why we made the decision to use black aged garlic, rather than garlic oil when reformulating these tablets. Black aged garlic is known to help minimise the risk of side effects, be gentler on the tummy and also have additional health benefits when compared to fresh garlic extracts.
Our garlic-containing products are developed to allow you to administer a consistent, measured amount of garlic to your dog, so that they can enjoy the many benefits of garlic and you can have peace of mind. A recent study demonstrated that giving garlic extract to dogs, at a much higher amount than that found in our products, had no adverse effects.