Dechra Specific Joint Support FJD Dry Cat Food - 400g By Dechra Specific
Dechra Canine Specific Cod Omega Plus Dog Food Key Benefits:
- Immune support: Unique high levels of omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA from fish oil and the omega-6 fatty acid GLA from borage oil. These fatty acids can affect the immune response and processes in the body by altered eicosanoid production. In a controlled double-blinded study it has been shown that these uniquely high levels of EPA, DHA and GLA can improve the skin and coat condition of dogs with atopy.
- Immune support: SPECIFIC™ CΩD Omega Plus Support contains beta-glucans, and increased levels of zinc, selenium, arginine and omega-3 fatty acids to support the immune status. Beta-glucans can bind to macrophages and alert the immune system, thereby supporting the immune response and altering cytokine production.
- Cachexia & recovery support: The high energy density, high concentration of essential nutrients, high digestibility and excellent palatability support recovery from disease, surgery, injuries or periods of debility. The unique high level of omega-3 fatty acids can help support in case of cachexia related to e.g. cancer or cardiac disease. The increased level of immune-supporting nutrients support the immune response towards infections.
- Heart support: L-carnitine and taurine are added to the diet to support the heart muscle function. The moderate level of sodium helps to reduce water retention and support normal blood pressure. In combination with the high level of omega-3 fatty acids, which can support maintenance of lean body mass, appetite and normal cardiac rhythm, the diet provides nutritional support for dogs with a reduced heart function.
- Skin & coat support: The skin has an active metabolism and high demand for skin-related nutrients. The increased levels of polyunsaturated fatty acids, total fat, vitamin A, E and B complex, protein, zinc and selenium can support a healthy skin and coat.
Ingredients: Wheat, rice, eggs, fish meal, fish oil, potato protein, minerals, animal fat, maize protein, hydrolysed pork protein, vitamins and trace elements, powdered cellulose, borage oil, , psyllium husk, taurine, yeast (sourceof ß-1,3/1,6-glucans), L-carnitine, arginine, sunflower oil.
Antioxidants: EC approved additives: BHA, BHT, propyl gallate and ascorbyl palmitate. It contains no artificial colours or flavourings.
Feeding guide in grams per day
The daily individual requirement may vary depending on factors such as breed, environment, season, activity etc. It is therefore advisable to continue monitoring condition and body weight, adjusting the amount fed accordingly.