Dechra Canine Specific Cid Digestive Support Dog Food Key Benefits:
- Highly digestibility: Highly digestible ingredients compensate for decreased intestinal enzymatic activity and ensure an optimal uptake of nutrients. This makes the diet optimal for patients with gastrointestinal conditions such as acute and chronic diarrhoea, vomiting and/or flatulence.
- Vitamin & mineral support: The high content of minerals and fat soluble vitamins compensates for compromised absorption in the patient’s gastrointestinal system. The increased level of electrolytes compensates for increased losses during diarrhoea and vomiting.
- Immune support: Contains ß-1,3/1,6-glucans from yeast, which can bind to receptors of white blood cells, thereby alerting the immune system and supporting the immune response. The diet contains egg powder rich in immunoglobulins. Immunoglobulins can bind specific bacteria, viruses and protozoa in the intestinal tract. This prevents attachment of pathogens to the intestinal wall, damage to villli and associated diarrhoea. Furthermore, the diet contains mannan-oligo-saccharides (MOS). MOS can bind pathogenic bacteria, thereby preventing them from binding to the intestinal wall. MOS also stimulates the local immunity in the intestinal tract.
- Intestinal support: Psyllium Husk is a gel-forming soluble fibre, which absorbs several times its weight in liquid, and is known for its beneficial effect on the regulation of the gastrointestinal tract activity and protection of the intestinal mucosa.
- Odour control: Yucca extract reduces the production of malodorous gasses and the smell of faeces.
Ingredients: Rice, eggs (including source of immunoglobulins), fish meal, maize starch, minerals (including zeolite), animal fat, sugar, hydrolysed pork protein, powdered cellulose, vitamins and trace elements, psyllium husk, yeast (sources of ß-1,3/1,6-glucans and mannan-oligo-saccharides), beet pulp, methionine, fructo-oligo-saccharides, Yucca extract, sunflower oil.
Antioxidant: EC approved additives: BHA, BHT and propyl gallate. It contains no artificial colours or flavouring.
Feeding guide in grams per day:
The daily individual requirement may vary depending on factors such as breed, environment, season, activity etc. It is therefore advisable to continue monitoring condition and body weight, adjusting the amount fed accordingly.