Dechra Canine Specific Cgd Senior Large Dog Food Key Benefits:
- Kidney support: The moderately reduced content of protein, phosphorus and sodium reduces the workload of the kidneys and supports renal function in senior dogs. The high biological value of the proteins supplies a sufficient amount of essential amino acids to the dog.
- Joint, skin & coat support: EPA and DHA are both omega-3 fatty acids with a beneficial effect on the maintenance of healthy skin and coat and healthy articular cartilage and normal mobility in joints of senior dogs.
- Moderate energy, balanced nutrients: The complete, balanced diet has an increased content of fibre, which results in a slightly lower energy content. This supports maintenance of ideal body weight in senior dogs with a reduced energy requirement.
- Taurine: Taurine is an important nutrient necessary for many aspects of metabolism. Taurine is required for normal function of the myocardium and supports the heart muscle function in senior dogs.
- Immune support: Contains ß-1,3/1,6-glucans from yeast which can bind to receptors of white blood cells, thereby alerting the immune system and supporting the immune response.
Ingredients: Wheat, maize protein, animal fat, fish meal, buttermilk powder, beet pulp, minerals, eggs, hydrolysed pork protein, vitamins and trace elements, yeast (sources of ß-1,3/1,6-glucans and mannan-oligo-saccharides), taurine, methionine, L-carnitine, sunflower oil.
Antioxidants: EC approved additives: BHA, BHT, propyl gallate.
It contains no artificial colours or flavourings.
Feeding guide in grams per day
The daily individual requirement may vary depending on factors such as breed, environment, season, activity etc. It is therefore advisable to continue monitoring condition and body weight, adjusting the amount fed accordingly.