These diets are formulated to nutritionally manage GI issues and patient recovery. In addition, these formulas help address other indications that may benefit from the nutritional content, plus provide nutrients needed to support overall health and well-being.
• Acute and Chronic Gastroenteritis
• Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency
• Small and Large Bowel Diarrhea
• Antibiotic Responsive Diarrhea (ARD)
• Dietary Indiscretion
• Short Bowel Syndrome
MAY ALSO BE PRESCRIBED TO NUTRITIONALLY MANAGE:
• Recovery Conditions
– Intestinal Surgery
– Severe Parasitism
– Gastric Dilatation Volvulus
• Growth • Reproduction • Lactation
• MOS (mannanoligosaccharides) - binds potentially pathogenic bacteria preventing them from adhering to the intestinal wall and excreting them safely with the faeces*
• Beet pulp - a moderately fermentable fibre that produces butyrate, a short chain fatty acid (SCFA), which is a preferential energy source for the enterocytes and promotes intestinal health. helps regain optimal stool consistency.
• FOS (fructooligosaccharides) - prebiotics which aid in GI health and have been shown in a clinical study to help maintain the balance between beneficial and potentially pathogenic bacteria
• Low fat levels - decrease the workload of the pancreas and help digestive function that can be compromised by Gi issues. Help minimise steatorrhea.
• Targeted omega-6: omega-3 fatty acid ratio - helps nutritionally manage inflammation at the cellular level
*Demonstrated in vivo with species other than dog and cat.
NUTRIENTS TO HELP MANAGE OVERALL HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
• Vitamin E - an antioxidant to help maintain a strong immune system
• DentalCare System* - to help reduce tartar build-up across the whole mouth during and beyond mealtime
• High quality animal-based protein - aids in recovery and overall health and well-being