This diet is formulated to nutritionally manage feline lower urinary tract disease by adjusting urine pH to levels that lessen the probability of struvite crystal formation or calcium oxalate crystal formation. In addition, the formula helps address other indications that may benefit from the nutritional content, plus provides nutrients needed to support overall health and well-being on a daily basis.
• Urinary acidifiers - help lower urinary pH to 6.4 or below to help inhibit struvite crystal formation
• Low dietary magnesium - helps inhibit the formation of struvite crystals
• Targeted omega-6: omega-3 fatty acid ratio - helps nutritionally manage inflammation at the cellular level
• Moderate fat and calorie levels - to help maintain a healthy weight
• High quality animal-based protein - helps maintain muscle mass
• Vitamin E - an antioxidant to help maintain a strong immune system
• Beet pulp - moderately fermentable fibre that produces butyrate, a short-chain fatty acid (SCFA), which is a preferential energy source for the enterocytes and promotes intestinal health
Struvite Crystals and Uroliths Conditions
May also aid management of:
Conditions that may benefit from a lower urinary pH
A healthy body weight
May not be suitable for:
Calcium oxalate-related FLUTD
Lactation (nursing queens)
Maize grits, dried Chicken and Turkey, animal fat, dried whole egg, fish meal, dried beet pulp, chicken digest, potassium chloride, calcium chloride (0.4%), fish oil, brewer’s dried yeast.